Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Homemade Witch Costumes for Women

This year I decided to look for some ideas how to make homemade witch costumes for women. I have already worn bought witch costumes for Halloween, but I have always wanted to make my own witch costume.

I believe it can be pretty easy - I intend to buy some inexpensive clothes or use the ones I already have at home. Let's go to our little Halloween adventure and make witch costume at home.


Image by PublicDomainPictures, Public Domain License, Pixabay

We are going to create simple witch costume for Halloween. You can find most things needed for this costume at  home. And if you don't have it at home, I found few cheap accessories and the ones you can use later on. Some of the things can be outdated already but it doesn't matter because witches don't really care about the fashion that much, they have so many other important things to do.

There are quite a lot of stuff to take care of if we are about to make witch costume, so let's start.

First let's make a list of things we are going to need:

  • Black long dress or long skirt
  • Black T-shirt (I'll use the one with long sleeves)
  • Black blazer or coat, if it's cold and if you are going out - treat-and-treating or something. I think that will not be necessary for Halloween party indoors.
  • Broom
  • Wig - you can use your hair too
  • Hat
  • Scarf - I love scarfs so I'll use one or two
  • Make-up
  • Stockings
  • Black shoes.

I believe that's about it.

Dress

Let's take a look at dress first. I will probably use dress like this one below and redesign it a little bit. Here are my scetches what I intend to do with it. To make it more witchy I'll simply cut the hemline with scisors into something like this. And if you want to be sexy witch, you can use tulip hemline.




Shirt

I'm going to wear simple black or dark purple T-Shirt with long sleeves with the dress.


Blazer or coat and a hat

Next is coat or blazer. I'm not sure yet where I'll be on Halloween, I'll use simple black blazer, which I don't inted to redesign, so I can wear it later on. But for coat I'm going to use my very old long black coat, the one I made myself when I was about 19 years old. It's simple black coat and just going to use wide black belt and I won't be cold. And I can use the same or similar buckle as on the hat.

And there are really cute or scary buttons, in black and other colors to for Halloween like spiders, bats and so on, and they can be put on the coat or scarf. I'll add a hat too, but I think it's easier to buy a hat than to make it.




Broom

There are many brooms available - costume accessories, that are not too large in natural color and in black, so I'll probably buy one of these.


Wig

There are a lot of Halloween wigs, you can check them out below, and you can use one of them. Or you can try to make your hair look witchy - you can make a ponytail to be like wicked witch or your can be more messy. I'm thinking about using colorful hair sprays and Feather Cut hairstyle.


Scarf

As I already mentioned I love scarfs and I'll use one. Knitted or crochet scarf in black would be perfect, but I don't have of these atn home and I don't have enough time to make one. So I'll probably use one or two (you can use more if you like) scarf in purple, lilac, grey and black color.

Stockings

I believe I'll use black stockings. I'm not sure yet if they are going to be green and black stockings or fishnet stockings. If you are going be wicked witch, green and black would be better, but if you want to be elegant witch, you can wear just black or fishnet stockings.

Shoes

I'll probably use usual black shoes, with a bit of heels but not to much. or maybe I can find something witchier - like ankle boots or something. Or I'll try black shoe covers and I believe they'll be perfect for my costume.


Make-up

I checked up videos on Youtube and there are quite a lot of tutorials for Halloween witch make-up. Let's take a look at them and decide which one to use.

I probably won't use the green one for wicked witch. I'll go for something more artistic, especially around the eyes, maybe a little spider or something.




Well, that's about it, as fur as I can remember. I can't wait until October 31st and my first homemade Halloween costume.

Sketches by Pippi Dust.


No comments:

Post a Comment